Thursday, August 11, 2011

What the @$&!

Something you should all know about Cecil is that she's the queen of southern expletives. These wonderful, colorful phrases include, but are not limited to:

Actually, I better not, there might be children watching.

But what I can recount to you is summed up in the following:


Like mother, like daughter. Eliza has become our little parrot. And while we were used to her beloved "OH GOSH!" after she drops things on the floor or her blanket gets stuck in the door, nothing could have prepared us for: "WHAT THE CRAP!?!?"

We can only hope it ends there. I can rest easy though, because no matter what much-more-serious language she learns from me, I can always say that Cecil started it.

6 comments:

  1. CLASSIC. I should have used my babysitting time to coach her on some truly choice phrases. REGRET.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's hilarious! I'd love to hear that. My niece Saide once hurt herself and exclaimed, "Mother!" as if there was supposed to be something following that...So it could be worse. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! Another reason I love Celia. Emmy says "oh my gosh!" and "shoot." I'm just waiting for her to drop cuss words, it can't be too far off.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just so you know I read your blog at work, but for someone reason I can't leave comments. I plan on writing down comments on sticky notes so I can post them later.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm pretty sure words like hell and damn are not considered curse words in South Carolina.

    ReplyDelete

A Penny For Your Thoughts