Monday, August 8, 2011

Robbins Cookies

Something I have learned since marrying into the Robbins family: You can't be a Robbins without loving Robbins Cookies. Thankfully, I thoroughly enjoy the delectable treats, which are basically glorified chocolate chip cookies.

I had a serious craving for chocolate sweets, so Nathan and I decided it would be fun to make cookies with Eliza; it was a win-win situation.
Don't Eliza and I look great? Yes, it is 4 in the afternoon. And yes, I am still in my pajamas and obviously haven't brushed my hair. Awesome.
She had so much fun dumping the ingredients into the mixing bowl and was fascinated every time we turned the machine on.

Nathan also introduced her to the beauty of cookie dough. After giving her a small bite to sample, Nathan didn't understand Eliza would only want more. Thankfully, these cookies bake for only 8 minutes, so we didn't have to distract her for long.

Without further ado, here is the recipe. Be warned, the Robbins Family consists of six sons, so my mother-in-law made six dozen at a time. This recipe can easily be cut in half and has the same results.


Robbins Cookies 
2 Cups margarine (softened)
2 Cups white sugar
2 Cups brown sugar
4 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
5-6 Cups flour
1 tsp salt
2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
2 Cups quick oats
2 Cups chocolate chips


Directions:
Mix the softened butter and sugars together, then add the eggs and vanilla.   Mix together and then add the flour (we usually use a bit more than 5 cups but a bit less than six, just somewhere in there), salt, baking soda and powder and mix again.   Add the oats and mix. Finally, add the chocolate chips and mix again. 

Bake at 375 for about 8 minutes for regular people (12 minutes for those who like firmer cookies).



Enjoy! Eliza sure did!

1 comment:

  1. Oh man! I need to makes these like two months ago. So good.

    ReplyDelete

A Penny For Your Thoughts