Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Paint Aversion

It was really cold today, so rather than going outside to play, I thought it would be fun to do some Christmas crafts. I wanted to include Ezra and Elliott, so I pulled out the finger paints, covered them in smocks, traced an outline of a Christmas tree, and offered them some green paint. Elliott went to town and happily used his finger to color his piece of paper.
Ezra was hesitant.
He kept pointing to the paint and then looking at Elliott. I could tell he was thinking something like, "Why would I get myself dirty!?" It made no sense to him!

It took some coaxing, but he finally gave in.
 After dipping his finger in once and swirling it around in the paint, he drew one line on his paper and was done.
I love how similar yet different these two are. The paint certainly didn't bother Elliott. He even rubbed some in his ear.
Eliza wanted to do something a little different, so while Elliott painted and Ezra watched, we made a graham cracker Santa Clause. We still had some Halloween candy and Hershey Kisses leftover from my birthday, so we thew this together with what we had. Eliza loved it. I'm glad she's okay with my pathetic crafting skills!

1 comment:

  1. Haha. Ezra is too funny. Um, if you have pathetic, then I'm just sad. Haha. That Santa looks both adorable and delicious.

    ReplyDelete

A Penny For Your Thoughts