Thursday, October 13, 2011

You Should Come Back Now

Yesterday, Nathan left for a quick two day trip to Provo. He has been gone for less than 24 hours, but it already feels like it has been an eternity. Of course, I miss him (because I love him and all that jazz), but I also rely on him for nearly everything. He makes my meals, he brings me water, he helps me out of bed, and carries me up the stairs (if I dare venture down them). Most importantly, though, he takes care of Eliza all day.

With my in-laws working, I have been alone with Eliza all day. I bet you're thinking: "How does one take care of a toddler while on bedrest?" Excellent question!

I have basically barricaded us in my bedroom. The perimeter of the bed is surrounded by various books and toys, there is a stool for Eliza to get up and down on her own, and there is a decent supply of chocolate milk, snacks, and diapers on the nightstand beside me.  Netflix has been a great help, and Eliza doesn't seem to mind watching extra "shows" (we recently limited her to three shows a day, so she is in heaven).

Eliza and I also enjoyed taking pictures together. I showed her which button to push to snap pictures on Photobooth, and she happily clicked for almost an hour. Anytime I tried to take away the computer, she'd do the baby sign for "more" and say "again, again!"

Model pose with her princess glasses. All her doing.
 Currently, she is napping, and I am incredibly grateful Cheryl will be home in a couple of hours. I am exhausted (which sounds ridiculous, I'm sure), but I am so glad Eliza got to spend the day with me. Hopefully, I haven't completely ruined her daily routine. She's not going to have many "chocolate milk and copious amounts of televisions" days anytime soon!  (I hope)

2 comments:

  1. That girl is so funny. I'm sad you are by yourself and wish that I could come hang out. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can only imagine how exhausting it would be to have to try to entertain a toddler in a contained bedroom for a full day! You made it! Whew!

    ReplyDelete

A Penny For Your Thoughts