Thursday, October 13, 2011

Lookin' Good!

Check out these well-dressed individuals:
On Friday afternoon, Nathan became the proud owner of a brand new suit.  Now, this may not seem like a big deal to many of you, but this was a huge event for me. I say "me" (not us) because I have been begging Nathan to buy a decent suit for the last two years. His response: "I'm fine with what I already have."

What he "already has" are a plethora of vintage suits from a variety of thrift stores. Although he always looks sharp, I have never seen him wear a full suit that matches. It's his style to mix things up (which is fine and all), but what woman doesn't want to see her husband dressed to the nines?

Additionally, all of Nathan's previous suits were too short in the arms or the legs. It's hard to find a vintage suit that fits perfectly. His new suit has been expertly tailored for him, and it certainly makes a huge difference!

I think Nathan was a bit surprised he actually liked the suit (it was a gift to his mother, wife, and grandmother that he even wore it), but as he left for church, he said he felt like "a million bucks." He made sure to add a vest and tie that he liked in order to preserve some of "his style." He was able to maintain his personality and look amazing in something he wouldn't normally wear. Success!

Speaking of dressing well, Cheryl and I decided we would put Eliza in a fancy dress for church (to match her dad and all). Nathan has never been fond of Eliza wearing overly girlie dresses because he feels they are unnecessarily uncomfortable and mostly worn for the enjoyment of the mother. However, Eliza is now old enough to want to wear pretty things, so that changes everything. Right?

I pulled out a pink little dress with a tutu (a gift from our friend Tina), and Eliza's eyes widened with excitement! The white tights, mary janes, and little hairbow made the outfit even more adorable.
She twirled and danced around the house. She was so proud of her pretty dress.
Pushing her Barbie suitcase. She rolled it all the way to church.
Dressing well can do amazing things to your self-esteem! Look at these happy faces!

4 comments:

  1. That is a HUGE DEAL! They both look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, you have the cutest family EVER!! As soon as you have those babies and feel well, I'm going to take tons of family photos of you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwww. Nathan, you look awesome! I love your added style to the suit. It makes it complete and still "Nathan". Ty got his suit last week too and wore it Sunday. HOTNESS!!!! I was going to take a picture, but we were already late for church and he doesn't waste a whole lot of time getting into comfy clothes when we get home. (I'm sure you know how it is.) Soon, I will do this and share.

    ReplyDelete

A Penny For Your Thoughts