Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Books!

Because I want Eliza to share my passion for books (particularly children's literature and YA novels), I have decided to make a weekly habit of taking her to library.  My mother and I went to the library for years together until I left home for college. These are some of my greatest childhood memories, so I hope Eliza and I can start our own tradition. Although Eliza definitely cannot choose her own books, she loves people-watching and staring at seemingly endless aisles of books.
Too bad at her young age, the only thing she wants to do with a book is chew on it. However, I am certain she will grow to love the library.  I'm so excited for her to get her very own library card in ten years or so!

3 comments:

  1. My goodness those eyes! They see through the soul. I so want to do this with my kids too. What a great tradition to start and to get them excited about knowledge and reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Books are AWESOME! I remember I was so sad when Evan was less than a year old and wouldn't really listen to me read to him. I had dreamed of reading my favorite children's books to my baby. Finally, at around age 18 months to 2 years, he started appreciating some of his books. I believe a "Diego" book started it all. And now, he WANTS to read! So don't lose heart if she doesn't take to it yet! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep at it. She'll be "reading" in a year or two and want a library card in 4.

    I love children's and YA lit, too. My latest goal is to read all the Newberry Winners. I read Missing May last night.

    ReplyDelete

A Penny For Your Thoughts