Friday, June 11, 2010

Napkins and Kool-Aid

I came home to this earlier this week:A bouquet made of expertly folded napkins, sprinkled with Kool-Aid and sprayed with water for artistic effect was awaiting my arrival.I didn't even notice they weren't real at first! I then went to the address (as directed) and found this:A delicious dinner at the park made by an master chef and his little helper.Our afternoon was delightful.
My husband is both creative and thrifty. I love it...and our lovely date under ten dollars! Now, it's my turn to think of something creative. Because ice blocking is seriously the only thing that came to mind, I looked up some cheap date ideas. It was definitely hit and miss. This was my favorite suggestion:

14. Speak only gibberish and let your thoughts be understood from your emotions, gestures, and tone.

I'll have to ask Nathan how he feels about this idea, or surprise him perhaps.

6 comments:

  1. Just to let you know, Josh couldn't stop talking about how cute Eliza was for days. She got him really excited to have girls. Also, we have that grill. And another also, I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute!! Those flower napkins are so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those flowers! Nathan is so creative. And btw, your kid is ADORABLE! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww, that is so amazing! I think you got the husband who is best at romantically wooing his lady. And yes very creative. Nathan teach your brothers. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so sweet and So cute! man, i'll work on nick :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. you look great but naked in that picture. Just thought you should know

    ReplyDelete

A Penny For Your Thoughts