Sunday, November 15, 2009

Typical

Last night, a fellow blogger and friend of mine posted an interesting website on Facebook. Essentially, it mocks those couples who profess their undying love for each other in quite an obnoxious way. After reading a couple of the examples, I started to worry that Nathan and I might fall into this "mushiness" category. So, I checked our wall-to-wall history on Facebook. It was pretty safe, I must say (in my purely unbiased opinion, of course).

However, I did find a gem of a conversation...one that really sums up our relationship and humor with one another:
Cecilia Robbins

Cecilia Robbins Are you sure you don't want to watch Fire in the Sky? I mean, it's either that or Jurassic Park. Aliens or dinosaurs. You choose.

March 5 at 5:38pm · · Nathan Robbins

Nathan Robbins Oh, if those are the options, I'll take a hot poker in the eye. By that I mean the alien one.

March 5 at 5:43pm · ·

Maybe this isn't funny to you, but it certainly brought a smile to my face. I'm glad my husband is sarcastic and sometimes seemingly rude to the unsuspecting eye...how romantic.

By the way, we watched Jurassic Park. Like I've said repeatedly before, it's always Jurassic Park...or Jaws.

3 comments:

  1. JURASSIC PARK IS THE BEST MOVIE EVEEEEEEER. You know I think that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. I found your blog. and your super cute family. holy crap.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's hilarious. I will be sharing that site with many. Um...as for my header. It actually was a long process to make. It was just a normal picture at first (obviously) and then I headed over to picnik.com. From there I desaturated (is that a word?)the color and used the holga-ish feature. The picture was in that state for a long time until I discovered www.poladroid.net. This basically changed my life. I put the picniked picture in the little magic machine and my header was born! Oh, and then I went back to picnik and added the text. Wow. Long explanation and I hope that made sense. Basically I just fooled around with it until I liked it. And feel free to copy away because I can't take credit for the inspiration because I myself am a copy cat.

    ReplyDelete

A Penny For Your Thoughts