Tuesday, July 10, 2012

People That Care

Yesterday, I called my former doctor's office in Provo in order to pay off a medical bill from last June. I had so many different visits that I guess one slipped through the cracks somehow (on their end). Luckily for them, they remembered to charge us one additional time! Fortunately for us, the bill wasn't bad at all.

A familiar voice answered the phone, and I couldn't help but smile as the receptionist introduced herself. I knew she probably wouldn't remember me, but I let her know my name so she could pull open the account. As soon as I said "Cecilia", she interrupted and said, "Cecilia ROBBINS!? The girl who was pregnant with twins?"

I laughed and said, "That's me!"

She had been working when we first discovered we were having twins and walked out of the ultrasound room hysterically laughing and nearly crying with excitement. She was the one who had organized all of my medical papers when we moved and made me two copies in case I lost one. She was the kind soul who listened when I called crying, asking to be seen again because I was so sick. And when she told me she wished me the best at our final office visit, I knew she meant it. 

So yes, I really like this woman.

After her initial question, she went on to say: "I was thinking about you just the other week. We all have been wondering what happened with you and wishing you the best. I kept you in my prayers for weeks."

When I told her Ezra and Elliott (she loved the names) were perfect, healthy little boys, she laughed in delight. When I told her the brief version of our crazy delivery and how neither baby went to the NICU, she gasped in disbelief. She kept saying, "You are so blessed, Ms. Cecilia! I am just so happy for you!"

I'm happy for us, too! And it really is amazing how great the kindness of others can make you feel. 

2 comments:

  1. I love it when this happens. Sincerity is one of my favorite traits in people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww. What a wonderful person! I love positive people who just make your day.

    ReplyDelete

A Penny For Your Thoughts