Thursday, May 20, 2010

Tiger's Blood is the Only Way to Go


As my friends Becca and Brittany have so eloquently stated: SHAVED ICE IS THE BEST. Both of these lovely girls are pregnant, meaning they know a syrupy treat is something you NEED when you're an incubator. When I was with child last summer, I constantly craved Tiger's Blood (not real blood like Bella from Twilight...yes, I went there ). It is the ONLY way to go. No snow cap, no mixture of flavors- just pure, unadulterated shaved ice with Tiger's Blood. And now, I can have it whenever I want (weather permitting) because the Hokulia stand is open and ready for business.
Here we are, awaiting the shaved ice:
Tired, yet excited (you just have to look hard).
Positively giddy. Please notice that his shirt says "spicy." Typical Nathan.
Pensive baby. It's as if she knows it isn't a treat for babies.

After we received our shaved ice, I was a bit happier.


Nathan couldn't get much happier than he already was,
and we discovered that babies really don't enjoy cold substances...no matter how sweet they may be.  So... Eliza just held a spoon and was happy. Awesome.

5 comments:

  1. Ma'am, do you even know how gorgeous you look?! You're beautiful! Also, that thing of shaved ice is a mountain. And Eliza is way to cute. Haha. And I just love Nathan. The end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should mention that I went AGAIN last night! That's 3 times this week. We showed up RIGHT after the customer who turned in the very first full frequent customer card of the season. I am devastated I didn't fill mine first. It only has one more stamp to go! I hope Velocity's blood is partially Black Cherry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cecilia, you do look absolutely beautiful. And isn't it awesome how you can just give a baby a spoon and they're happy? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was going to say how pretty you are, and everyone beat me to it! It's true though- you're lovely. Ben loves shaved ice. We miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Babies don't know what they're missing!

    ReplyDelete

A Penny For Your Thoughts