Sunday, May 9, 2010

How Picasa Nearly Ruined Mother's Day

A few hours ago, I attempted to upload a few hundred pictures (including several taken today, capturing my first Mother's Day), only to have Picasa wipe my memory card clean without uploading a single file. I have no idea what caused the error, but I can assure you- it was not a user error. I have spent the past few hours extremely frustrated, furious with Picasa, pouting (then crying), and searching Google for answers. Apparently, Picasa has been known to do this, so please be warned!

After trying several recovery programs with no results, I was near hysteria. Poor Nathan. Pictures are irreplaceable! Nathan kept saying: "We can just dress up again tomorrow and take more pictures. We can pretend it's Mother's Day." Although this was a sweet suggestion, I would KNOW they weren't "real" Mother's Day pictures!! Finally, I tried Recuva.com after reading another Picasa victim's story....and it worked!!

Thank goodness I have these lovely pictures:


Eliza is so beautiful! Being a mother is an immense blessing. Although there are days when I am too tired to function, I wouldn't trade my sleepless nights with Eliza for anything.

For all of you seasoned mothers, new mothers, and mothers-to-be, I hope your day was wonderful.

7 comments:

  1. hi cecilia! this is mary from sc, remember me?!! your daughter IS beautiful! i fret just reading about your picasa disaster!! pictures ARE so irreplaceable so i'm glad you got those back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! That would give me the worst anxiety ever! I'm so glad you got all of your pictures back. Eliza is getting so big! She almost looks like KiKi.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, that is so scary! I am always worried all my pictures will disappear, so I burn them onto a CD every once in awhile. I'm so glad they were saved, because you all look so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh flipping good gracious! Cute pictures guys! And when you have a minute I will tell you about my data-loss whoas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cecilia...the pictures are beautiful. Eliza's eyes are just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful! I am glad you didn't lose your pictures! That would be horrible!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would have been hysterical, too. I'm so glad you recovered such great pictures. Eliza is such a beauty!

    ReplyDelete

A Penny For Your Thoughts