Sunday, January 3, 2010

Eliza's First Christmas

So I've finally recovered enough to blog about Eliza's first Christmas! It was exhausting to say the least, but it was worth the trip. Eliza was unexpectedly peaceful on our flights, which was an amazing blessing. She was finally able to meet some of her family and visit the great state of South Carolina. The few days we were there, it was an endless baby parade. Here are just a few of the lovely people she met:

Her Grandma White and cousin Robert
Her Aunt Marian
Her Grandpa White
Her Great-Grandma White
Her Uncle Hudson
My beloved high school friends, Ashley and Mary HollisOur wonderful cousin, Naomi
Her doting cousin, Sherry
More dear friends- Lindsey and LillyAnd the ever so lovely Haleigh and Tara!!Eliza was a hit! Basically, everyone loves a baby.

I really was amazed at the outpouring of love I felt over the holidays. The Christmas story of Mary, Joseph, and the birth of Christ became so much more meaningful because now I know with a certainty the love a mother has for her child. What love Mary must have felt for Christ. What love my mother has for me. The season truly has taken on a different meaning for me, and I am ever appreciative of the reminders I have that Heavenly Father loves me, just as I love Eliza.

Really. I love my family.My mom worked tirelessly to make sure the house was festively decorated (because she knows I LOVE Christmas decorations). She even cooked every meal I liked, including a honey baked ham and a chocolate pie. Moms are the greatest.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas. Much love from our family to yours
p.s. Nathan must really love me to wear these pajamas.

6 comments:

  1. Why are you so skinny when you just had a baby?!?!?? Gain weight immediately, please.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love this post!!!! Eliza is darling. I admit it. Those pajamas strike jealousy within in my heart. I cannot lie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! How in the heck did you get him to wear those? Is that love...or INSANITY!?! Eddie would have "killed" me! And I just love Eliza, by the way! Yes, babies are precious, but you know yours is especially so to us! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. And p.p.s. - If Naomi has trouble caring for Toby, you know he is welcome at our home anytime...as long as needed! We do have a fenced in backyard for him!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why is it that I never get to see you when you're in town? Is it because I live in Irmo? I miss your face.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I haven't seen Hudson in forever. Didn't even recognize him. How many kids does Marian have?

    LOVE the pajamas.

    ReplyDelete

A Penny For Your Thoughts