Thursday, August 19, 2010

We're All Sick

Sick. Sick. Sick.

For over a week, I have been in a constant state of nausea. Then, on Saturday, this feeling of sickness crescendoed into vomiting. JOY.

On Sunday, I stayed in bed all day long. I haven't had a day like that since I was pregnant. Nathan was a gem and took care of Eliza, brought me water, and tried to cheer me up. However, I found myself unable to go to work on Tuesday. Yesterday, I felt I had somewhat conquered this phantom sickness.

Then, Nathan called from work.

He was throwing up. I came home and felt instantly sick again. Nathan and I miseraby sat on the couch, too dazed to move and watched Eliza crawl around. Mercifully, she was calm and easy to entertain for some reason. I put her to bed. A few minutes later, she was screaming. I walked into her nursery. She had thrown up everywhere.

I am now waiting for her sheets to finish drying for the second time in two days (she threw up again today). I can now tuck "Dealing with Vomiting Baby" under my mothering belt. Pedialyte? Check. Monitoring fluid intake? Check. Multiple baths and clothes changes? Check.

On a positive side, it is cold outside and smells delightfully fresh. My front door and windows are open; At least things smell nice inside my house.

4 comments:

  1. oh my yuck! i am sorry! a sick family is never fun!! and YES on the we need to hang out sometime! You guys should come over!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, I am so sorry. I hope you all feel better soon. That is so terrible when everyone is sick. We had that back in March and I wanted to die!! I've heard another interesting and necessary mothering experience is your kid pooping in the bathtub. Let's all look forward to that one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How miserable. Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete

A Penny For Your Thoughts