Sunday, December 13, 2009

Congatulations! You Made it to 28!

Hey you!You're 28! And alive! Although you didn't make it into the infamous "27 club," joining the ranks of Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, Jim Morrison, and Kurt Cobain, I still firmly believe you will become a legendary musician (just later rather than sooner). I appreciate all the time you have willingly sacrificed to help me with Baby. Hopefully, the days of music writing and band practices will return soon!Eliza really is your biggest fan.You've shown me that service is love. I appreciate all the multitasking so I can have a break....Thanks for always offering to hold Baby (well you might not always offer, but you always accept her when I hand her over)....It turns out you're pretty good at making her happy.
I think she makes you happy too (when she isn't screaming all night, of course).Let's not forget me here. You are the Mr. Rogers to my Sally. So maybe that doesn't make sense, but I love Mr. Rogers and I love how you dress like him even when it's not Halloween (except for today when you wore a three-piece suit to church with pants that came to you ankles and short socks with navy blue CLOTH shoes. Not cool, buddy. Not cool).

Continuing though! You bring a smile to my face many a day.Well, most days. Just kidding! I had you worried there for a minute, didn't I? In all seriousness, you are the best. Thank you for your continuing patience.Sorry I'm so mean when we play Scrabble. You know it's only because I HATE losing. Also, I'm sorry for laughing when you couldn't open that can. It was funny though. I have proof.

See!

Whew. Glad I got that off my chest! I hope you had a wonderful day. You know I'm horrible at direct communication, so enjoy reading this post! I hope it wasn't overly "I desperately love you!" You're my best friend. And just know, you share a birthday with these sexy men:

Oh yeah! Steve Buscemi!
For any readers, feel free to roll your eyes or make sounds of disgust.

5 comments:

  1. Scrabble AND Dexter are needed to happen between the two of us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Son of a gun. I knew I forgot. And why does Steve Buscemi look like Gollum?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet birthday tribute to your sweet husband. Happy Birthday Nathan! I'm so glad you two have each other.

    ReplyDelete
  4. BN- SOON!

    And Tod- I completely agree!

    ReplyDelete

A Penny For Your Thoughts