Saturday, October 6, 2012

Rapunzel, Rapunzel, Let Down Your Long Hair

Just a few weeks ago, Eliza suddenly became obsessed with the movie Tangled. It's common knowledge that she loves Disney Princesses, but she wasn't too interested in Rapunzel or watching the movie. However, everything changed once she came home from her friend Ahnna's house, where she had dressed up in a purple Rapunzel dress. She has been hooked ever since.

I have to admit that I am really enjoying this new phase. I feel like our entire family needed a break from The Little Mermaid and Cinderella. The past two Fridays, we have watched Tangled for our "movie night" and it has been fun. I actually really enjoy the movie and the music. Eliza has loved reading her Tangled book (which I found at a garage sale last year and she refused to show any interest in) and sleeps with it in her bed most nights.

Eliza now prefers her purple dress (which is huge news), and it feels strange to see her pink dresses laying in the corner of the playroom. Ahnna also had an amazing braid made of yarn that Eliza loved. Her mom, my friend Wendy, said it was easy to make and really inexpensive, so Nathan and I decided to make Eliza some  Rapunzel hair this afternoon.

We took two different shades of yellow yarn, put two PVC pipes forty inches apart, and wove the string around the poles. Cheryl and I held the pipes, while Nathan went back and forth with the yarn.
After we had a fairly substantial amount of yarn around the pipes, we tied one end with a small piece of yarn and attached it to a hair band. At the other end, we cut the yarn in order to braid it.

A few minutes later, we had a very happy little girl who finally had Rapunzel hair!




2 comments:

  1. Adorable!!! I love it. We love Tangled too. Noah likes it and its really not an annoying show to watch either. My favorite part: "gettin' kinda chubby." Hahaa Terrible!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I just tell you how I love that she gets to wear princess dresses?! I'm living my childhood vicariously through her. Haha. My parents wouldn't buy me anything like that and I think it's great that she gets to feel like a princess everyday.

    ReplyDelete

A Penny For Your Thoughts