Sunday, July 4, 2010

Splish Splash

Eliza loves water. Nathan and I have known this for months now, but yesterday, I really saw our little swimmer in action! After applying generous amounts of sunblock to Eliza's tiny little body (which, let me add, she is already tanner than me and has never been in direct sunlight!) and placing a sun hat on her head, we headed to Veteran's Memorial Pool.

Eliza's energy levels were off the charts, and I thought swimming might be a fun way to calm her down. She was SO happy to be around all the people and in the water.


Eliza and I headed out to deeper water, where she proceeded to kick her legs and flail her arms in an attempt to swim. To my surprise, she can nearly swim. She was desperate to float on her belly and repeatedly shoved her head underwater as she kicked. Of course, I wasn't about to loosen my grip on her, but I am sure she will be a swimmer soon.
 After a day of fun, she wasn't too happy about leaving the water.
Good thing we're going back next weekend!

6 comments:

  1. Cecilia - you know she is beyond a blessing. I cant get over it. I want to be around more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwww that last picture is unbelievably cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So Jealous! The walk I've been taking ever day is right along the river and I've been dying to go swimming. Eliza is adorable. I love her little swimsuit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fun! We haven't taken Noah in the water yet. We're looking forward to it. Eliza is the cutest!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww, so cute! I love water babies! :-)

    ReplyDelete

A Penny For Your Thoughts