Monday, July 19, 2010

Rice King

If you haven't been to Rice King in Provo, I suggest you go. Even if you live states away, you should come visit me (or someone here) and we'll go. When I think of Rice King, I think of great Dr. Pepper, cheap lunch meals, friendly Victor (the owner), the lumberjack server Hans, my friend Amanda getting asked out on a date with Hans, my first date with Nathan, and a million visits with Becca, Kyle and Katy.  This weekend, Eliza and I had a lunch date there with our friend Beckie and her son Henry.
(Aren't they cute?)
Eliza enjoyed sitting in her high-chair and even managed to stand up (despite being securely strapped in place) while I attempted to eat. Henry provided some entertainment as she stared at him during the meal and lunged towards him several times. Henry wasn't too afraid, it seemed.
 She also practiced her fine motor skills, pushing tiny pieces of rice around
and finally managing to eat a couple of pieces.



 The highlight of the meal was when the older lady seen in the above picture walked over to our table and expressed her love for our children. She lightly touched their heads, brushed Eliza's cheeks and gave her a little kiss on the forehead. She was so happy to be around small children. It made my day to see someone so loving and obviously excited to be around sweet,smiling babies.

Sadly though, Beckie is moving to Georgia at the end of the month. Not only am I insanely jealous she is moving to the South, but I am also incredibly sad she is leaving Utah. Thanks for the fun times, Beckie! I really am so happy for your family's new phase of life (and that you no longer have to be a full-time employee)!

5 comments:

  1. Rice King is SO good. I went there after reading about it on Becca's blog. I do not regret it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Henry's chubby baby legs are so precious. Love it! Little Miss Eliza always looks so mischievous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sad, I just read this. Rice King + good company = unbeatable lunch date. So sad to leave you. But happy with the prospect of thanksgiving in the south

    ReplyDelete
  4. and don't forget about Eliza's hillbilly rice tooth. so funny!

    ReplyDelete

A Penny For Your Thoughts