Monday, April 12, 2010

Upgrade

Last weekend, Eliza went from this:


To this:Before, she was all black and white and weak. Now, she's a superhero. How did it happen, you ask? She got her baby blessing! And while I am mostly kidding about the super girl thing, I'm sure there are some parallels.

BB, Cecil, baby and I went home for Easter weekend and so did most of my family. My brother Dustin and his family were the last of my five brothers -- and their families -- to meet Eliza. That's 7 months after the fact, so they got to meet wonderful, happy Eliza, instead of cranky, no-sleep, colicky Eliza. I think they liked her.

The details of the rest of the weekend elude me, but the important part is that after conference on Sunday we met at the church and I was able to bless Eliza alongside my dad, grandpa and brothers. There haven't been many more significant events in my life, and those are things like getting married, having a baby and being born. But not in that order.

I don't remember a lot of specific things we blessed Eliza with, but that's ok, we recorded it. I do remember saying that she'd be an example to her siblings. "S"! I'm not sure whether to read too much into that plural, but it may seem that God has a different amount of kids than two in mind. Maybe "sibling" comes from a Hebrew word meaning kids who are REALLY close to you or something. Or maybe we'll get to two kids and feel like we want to have six more. Bring it on.

At any rate. Eliza, welcome to the church and all that comes with it. Like super human powers.

2 comments:

  1. It was an awesome blessing Nate! The whole way through I thought about that and how special it really was. Definitely caught the "siblings" bit too. Haha. Interesting. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting and wonderful! We're so happy for you guys. Siblings, huh? Hmmm... :)

    ReplyDelete

A Penny For Your Thoughts