Sunday, April 25, 2010

Modern Day Rumpelstiltskin

Today at church, there was a list of the children's names who are in the nursery. Among those names was Goldberry. Seriously. If that is the name of your child or planned name of your future child, I am sorry if I have offended you, but really, where are the names of yesteryear!?  It's perfectly acceptable to be edgy and different, but Goldberry might be stretching it.

If you would like to see some other hilarious names given to Utah babies, please check out Utah Baby Namer.  And yes, I checked; Eliza is NOT on there. If you would like to look at the popularity of your name or names you like, you should check out The Baby Name Wizard. Many hours of my life have been wasted looking up countless names on this website. Thanks, Becca. You better name your baby something cool!

Or else I will submit it to Utah Baby Namer.

6 comments:

  1. Dang it. I was totally going to use Goldberry. We were also going to use Silverberry for the baby born second. :)

    But in all seriousness, I checked Utah Baby Namer and I'm proud to say that neither names we're thinking about are on the list. However, Sleeza caught my eye. Do you think that would work? Sleeza Mangelson?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, goldberry is NOT a name. However, apparently at churchtoday they announced the birth of our baby with his full name and Aaron said peopleLAUGHED. Am now feeling kind ofself concious abt my naming abilities.

    Apologies for typos etc. Commenting from my iPhone while nursing. Am awesome

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brittany- Sleeza? That's great! It would go perfectly with some of the other names I saw on there like Hill Cumorah and Iron Rod. One "righteous" name, one heathen name! Awesome!

    And Kayla- First, let me say I am impressed with your multitasking abilites. As for you little one's name, it is adorable! Jones is too cute and it's a family name (if I remember correctly). I really can't believe people laughed! That's just rude. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goldberry sounds like a James Bond movie, or a professional wrestler. Poor kid. My sister told me Noah is the 3rd most popular baby boy name from last year. I had no idea! I haven't heard of any other Noahs lately. Oh well. He can be "Noah H." in school - I still like it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What, you disapprove of Velocity? Come on!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What IS it with Utah and weirdo names?!

    And Kayla, Jones would fit right in here in Georgia. Last names for babies are almost a requirement. I love it.

    ReplyDelete

A Penny For Your Thoughts