Saturday, October 24, 2009

Real Cool, Graco. Real Cool.

Meet my White Whale:Yesterday, my mom and I went to University Mall with Eliza to do some light shopping. After exhausting ourselves browsing through the cuteness that is GAP Baby, we returned to the car. We placed the baby in the car seat. Easy. We put our purchased treasures in the truck. No big deal. And then we attempted to collapse the "easy folding" stroller and place it back into the trunk. Nightmare.

I have a college degree. So does my mother. Why then was this stroller so perplexing?! We turned, we twisted, we pulled- and the darn thing did not BUDGE. By this point, Eliza was frantic with hunger. I, being the source of her nourishment, attempted to kick the stroller into submission. Fail. Desperate, I used a lifetime, phoning a friend: Becca. As she googled instructions regarding the stroller, Eliza's wails rose to a crescendo. Poor thing. Finally, my mother was able to calm her, and Becca returned with instructions: "Turn handle to collapse." But I TRIED THAT! Seriously! Apparently, the Graco model I purchased is the easy to use version to handle. Sure. That's why after 15 minutes and one lifeline used, my mother and I were still engaged in this battle of wits with Graco in the University Mall parking lot.

Finally, my mom used another lifeline: the shout-out. Some random passerby, a woman who looked pretty friendly, was beckoned over to help us. She too was perplexed. She pushed, she pulled, she twisted....and nothing. Finally, I mentioned Becca's instructions to the Good Samaritan and voila! Success. And all was right with the world again.

Moral of the story: I am never going out again with that stupid stroller without my husband (yes, I need him). And secondly, the Moby wrap is the best mode of baby transportation.

p.s Look how cute this dress is:

6 comments:

  1. I've tried to collapse those puppies too. There's no easier way of making you feel like an idiot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did we manage to collapse it that one time the 3 of us went to the mall? That didn't take us too long. You need to commit it to memory!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are hilarious and I love you. Sorry to hear about your stressful trip to the mall. I would have started to cry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We had a similar model for Evan. I do remember it was pretty difficult, and Eddie did usually have to do it. Is there a button to push or squeeze on the handle? You have to squeeze the button and hold it down while you fold it up. Pretty tricky!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know!!! I can't do it, only Tim can and I can't figure out why. It is SO SO SO frustrating.

    ReplyDelete

A Penny For Your Thoughts