Monday, March 29, 2010

A Weekend with Family

Last weekend, Nathan and I made an impromptu trip home to Othello. After driving twelve hour overnight, we arrived ready to enjoy a few precious hours with family. Eliza was asleep for nearly the entire drive over and happy to be out of her car seat by the time we reached Othello.

Although we were only there for 24 hours or so, it was worth the drive to see so many of our family members. Additionally, I was able to meet Nathan's best friend since childhood and his lovely wife, Megan along with their baby Noah.

Here are some more snapshots of the weekend:

My niece and nephew, Ellie and Hayden, attempt to push Nathan's 1967 MGB. He said he would restore it and give it to me one day. That is one promise I will NOT be forgetting.Yes, she is wearing a bear suit. Why? Because it was a gift...and it's warm.Ellie and Hayden pretend to drive Grandpa's lawn mower.
Eliza and Aunt JennyNathan and I looking pretty exhausted after church.
And lastly, Eliza has a fun time with Grandma.There is something so great about being with family. It makes me sad my own family is so far away in South Carolina and that our nearest relatives are a 12 hour drive away. After having Eliza, these feelings have only become more intense. I want her to know her grandparents and play with her cousins, aunts, and uncles. I want her to be surrounded by her wonderful family who love her. So this weekend, we're off to Othello again!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! I actually don't hate that picture of me! Yay! Haha. The Eliza looks like she getting some serious ideas about my hair. I was so glad to see you guys and it will be amazing to see you again and to be there when Eliza is blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so great to see you guys!! You and Nathan look adorable in that picture of you two. You guys are so great together! I can't believe you're making the drive again. You are awesomely adventurous. The 3 hours for us makes me tired. Have another fun trip! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You are so amazing! I can't hardly stand the drive back to Utah. at all. Have a good time next weekend too! (how do you not fall asleep?)

    ReplyDelete

A Penny For Your Thoughts