Wednesday, March 31, 2010

I'm So Cool

Tonight at work, I realized the lyrics to Gangsta's Paradise are still firmly lodged deep within my subconscious. Two coworkers rapped a few words to each other and then all of a sudden, words were flowing from my mouth as I joined in. They looked at me in shock. My friend Joe asked: "So....where are you from again?!"

"South Carolina."

"Oh."

That's right. Moms can know rap music too. And by rap music, I mean unoffensive, toned down, and at least somewhat understandable songs. Coolio and I go way back...to my elementary days. I vividly remember staying home from school one day to memorize the Dangerous Minds CD I had secretly borrowed from my sister. I thought I would impress all of my friends with my rapping abilities. This was similar to the incident where my two closest friends and I spent countless afternoons dancing to Michael Jackson's "Man in the Mirror" and learning the moves in the "Thriller" video.

Look at me now- a veritable fountain of useless knowledge and abilites...until tonight. Joe was impressed. Fourteen years later, that day from fourth grade has really paid off.

Thanks, Coolio.

5 comments:

  1. Haha. Nice! I admit, that is an impressive skill to have in your holster.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome. I've got a few ridiculous songs up my sleeve myself. But nothing beats Coolio's hair. Whaat????

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally know Gangsta's Paradise too. Nothing wrong with that, yo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's better than having "Amish Paradise" in your holster. As I walk through the valley where I harvest my grain, I take a look at my wife and realize she's very plain..,

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH MY GOSH, Caitlin totally stole my comment. You know I shun fancy things like electricity.

    ReplyDelete

A Penny For Your Thoughts