Saturday, February 27, 2010

Seen at In-N-Out This Week

Working for In-N-Out is definitely an interesting job. My coworkers are friendly, while the customers unceasingly fail to amuse. Recently, I have been assigned to the position of "Drive Hand-out." This job is fast-paced, sometimes stressful, and always different.

People/things I have seen while working the drive window this week:1) Cecil O. Samuelson, President of Brigham Young University, my alma mater. Cecil was a pleasant man. We bonded. I'm a Cougar and a Cecil too. What's not to love?

2) Aaron from Ken Garff Nissan of Orem. No lie. Aaron as in the finance department of the dealership who tried to royally screw us over. He drove up to the window, and the smile froze on my face...in horror. I continued to smile and stare him down. He was so ashamed (I suppose) that he looked down and couldn't look me in the eye. I handed him his food and was nice about it, but I DID NOT say the usual: "Thank you! Have a good night."

3) An androgynous person- I STILL have no idea whether one customer was a man or a woman. I was so confused that I couldn't stop staring. The amount of time spent staring did not result in ANY answers! Either it was a woman with a somewhat masculine face and nose or a man with beautiful hair and eyes. Perplexing to say the least. I'm really not trying to be rude.

4) A woman dressed for work at McDonald's. Her name tag identified her as Ashley...the details underneath her name identified her as "manager." OUCH, McDonald's.

5) A gentleman wearing an apron, chef's hat, and name tag which identified him as a Hibachi chef at Tepanyaki. I guess the rice there hasn't been hitting the spot.

6) The manager of Costa Vida. How do I know it was him? He was driving the HUGE Costa Vida van and volunteered the information.

7) Two girls who paid for their $4.32 meal in PENNIES. SERIOUSLY! They didn't even have the decency to count them BEFORE getting to the pay window. Needless to say, this little stunt backed up orders and traffic for ten minutes.

8) A man who purchased nine meat patties...and fed them to his dog.

9) People who ask for a cheeseburger with no cheese. People- This is a HAMBURGER!!!!!!

10) A man who yelled at me for saying: "Hi! How are you?" And then told me he was frustrated with how stupid and happy we were, before reaching over and snatching his food out of my hands. I almost cried.

11) My friend Joe and his wife Tina. Thankfully, they came two cars after the rude customer who nearly made me cry, and completely saved me from having a horrible night. Yet another example to me of how God looks out for us. Sometimes it's just really nice to see a friendly face.

So guys, when you happen to crave fast food in the future, remember drive-thru workers can be overly sensitive too. And if you happen to be in Provo and want fast food, please come see me! I would love to see you.

6 comments:

  1. I love that that guy came through. That's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A man fed 9 patties to his dog? Seriously?

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha A cheeseburger with no cheese. That one was my fave. Customer service is really hard. People can be so mean! My friend has worked really hard jobs in her life, including a crab boat in Alaska, and she still says her hardest job was working at McDonalds in high school because of the stress and the mean people. :( I've never had In-N-Out but it sounds yummy! We'll just have to visit you guys soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. sorry for mean people... but it sounds like a pretty interesting and fun job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i went there and you were not the one giving me my stuff :( sad day!

    ReplyDelete

A Penny For Your Thoughts