Thursday, April 28, 2011

Blogging Bribery?

I told myself: “I will start blogging again as soon as we find our camera. Blogging is boring without pictures.”

Well, after five months and intense searching, we haven't found our “nicer” camera (meaning our two year old point-and-shoot camera, rather than our four year old point-and-shoot). Then, I went to visit South Carolina and lost the older, backup camera! So, we were left with no choice other than to buy this beauty:
At last, a DSLR camera!! We delayed this purchase for months, as we saved and researched various cameras. Nathan and I originally wanted a Canon Rebel, but decided this lovely little Nikon was exactly what we needed. The Rebel is a little more advanced and much more expensive. We’re just beginners, so this is perfect.

Here is the first picture taken with our new Nikon: 
Eliza, shedding a single tear after waking up from her afternoon nap. The camera captured that tiny little tear (and the confused/sleepy expression on Eliza’s face). Oh, what detail! We’re excited for many more (happier) pictures!

Thank you, Becca for your recommendation!!

3 comments:

  1. JEAAALOOOOOUS! I was hoping to be able to get one with our tax return. Too bad we ended up having to pay instead of get paid this year. Lame. I can't wait to see more awesome pictures of you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CELIA! I have a D3000! They are incredible! And soooo easy to use. As you learn, you can keep it on auto, or on the "no flash" setting, which I like a lot. And then you can do all kinds of exciting super easy awesome settings as you get comfs with it. I suggest putting checking out a few books from the library (free!) about the camera, so you can play around with it and learn more, because the manual isn't an easy read, and can be confusing at times. Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! You will never regret it.

    ReplyDelete

A Penny For Your Thoughts